[ILUG] kppps helper process just died
david at ryanit.ie
Mon Jan 24 21:27:16 GMT 2000
My dial-up connection works perfectly 80% of the time, the other 20%
when I click on connect it reports that the helper process just died
and says there would be no point in continuing, so it will quit.
I thought it was related to the amount of time which the pre-connect
window was left open for, but I think I have ruled it out.
It's not a major problem, but does anyone have any ideas what is
causing this poor unfortunate process to die all the time ?
I never get engaged tones or hangups or any other connection problems,
once the error message doesn't come up the modem just dials and
connects every time.
More information about the ILUG