[ILUG] ASF ?
John P. Looney
john at antefacto.com
Mon Jul 9 13:27:25 IST 2001
On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 01:17:46PM +0100, Mel mentioned:
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, John P. Looney wrote:
> > I assume there is no way of playing ASF format files yet ?
> I have been using avifile (http://divx.euro.ru/) quiet successfully for a
> long time. It is very stable, plays full screen (if SDL is available) and
> plays literally 99% of all asf's and avi's I came across. The other 1%,
> Windows couldnt plays either ;)
Sound. Xine didn't have any success.
> It uses a very cut down version of winelib to load the revelant windows
> DLL's and chugs along. Downside is that it takes a while to start up and
> can be a bit heavy on CPU usage at times. A PII 350 still will play files
> reliably though so it is no problem
It's not exactly a fast download site either.
When I say 'free', I mean 'free': free from bond, of chain or command:
to go where you will, even to Mordor, Saruman, if you desire. "
-- Gandalf, paraphrasing the choice between Free and Non-free software
More information about the ILUG