[ILUG] Dialup: pppd debugging
waider at dspsrv.com
Wed Apr 17 10:10:35 IST 2002
Actually, the ip-up stuff is part of pppd's featureset, not RedHat's, in that
ip-up execution is part of what the stock pppd offers. RedHat provide a basic
ip-up script which does the following:
* sets up aliases if required on the new interface
* modifies /etc/resolv.conf if requested (PEERDNS is set)
* activates firewalling if requested
* set hostname if the connection is non-ppp/slip (some other conditions also)
* ping any program that has registered for notification when the interface
I run this stuff myself, as provided, with a bunch of things bolted onto the
back of it, and it's never given me any trouble.
waider at dspsrv.com / Chances are I'm not at home right now.
More information about the ILUG