[ILUG] anti-spam thing...
Breathnach, Proinnsias (Dublin)
breatpro at exchange.ie.ml.com
Thu Jan 3 17:43:40 GMT 2002
I hate finding an easy method ... :o)
Depending on how you set it up, it will:
* Simply tag the suspected spam and return it to your main incoming
mailbox, allowing you to set up Eudora, Pegasus Mail, or another POP mail
program to retrieve and sort your mail.
* Tag the suspected spam, delete spam from known spam sources, and file
suspected spam in a separate folder.
* Send a simulated MAILER-DAEMON daemon "bounce" to known spammers in
hopes that they will think your email address is invalid and remove you from
their spam lists.
* Complain to the "upstream providers" of known spammers or spam
sites/domains, asking that they disconnect the internet service of the
* Notify senders of email tagged as probable spam that their email was
intercepted, and give them a password to resend their email and bypass spam
filtering if their email was legitimate. (Spammers almost never try to
bypass filtering when warned this way -- in most cases, they don't even read
replies to their mail.)
More information about the ILUG