[ILUG] whitebox linux and networking
richard at eibrand.net
Sun Feb 1 21:09:34 GMT 2004
I've just installed whitebox linux 3.0 on a machine via a http install.
Now thats its all installed, I'm wanting to connect to other machines on
my wee home lan.
Problem is, it aint working...
- Ping/telnet/ssh to/from said box doesnt work.
- The network card is the same as for install, as are the IP settings.
- There is no firewall (yet) on this machine, nor on one of the other
- The light is on on the hub
- The ethernet cable is working (have tried with others as well, no joy).
- The light is on on the NIC
- I've tried another NIC as well, same prob.
I think I've checked everything, but I may wrong. I've followed exactly
all the same steps that I went through for a recent RedHat 9 install,
which worked fine.
What am I missing if anything. Suggestions please?
"And today is only Yesterday's tomorrow"
Ken Hensley, Uriah Heep, 'Circle of Hands'
More information about the ILUG