[ILUG] Re: Web developer job
stephane at cp.dias.ie
Tue Jan 27 17:47:04 GMT 2004
On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 17:37, Stephane Dudzinski wrote:
> I'm not much into forwarding external offers, but that one is about web
> development in linux/unix/freebsd for a government agency (http://
> www.oasis.gov.ie) so they are looking for a skilled penguin/daemon. I
> attach the job spec to it.
> Should you be interested, talk to the person in charge :
> mailto:Louise at AllenRec.com
Here's the job spec, appologies for the attachement ... :
1. To maintain and develop the Oasis website
2. To administer multiple FreeBSD servers
3. Provide specialised user support to content creators ( currently
using XMetal 2.0)
1. As part of the Oasis team, act as a knowledge resource and
contact point in respect of an assigned strategic priority area.
2. Represent and promote the organisation, attend and participate
at conferences and seminars as required
3. Participate and work within a Performance Management Development
System process, as developed under the Partnership process in
Comhairle. PMDS aligns Comhairle’s Strategic Plan and
implementation plans with each staff member’s work output and
performance. As part of this process role profiles and key
performance indicators will be developed.
4. Participate in special projects and joint working arrangements
in consultation with the Oasis Project Manager
5. Participate in training and development programmes/courses to
maintain and improve performance and to assist in identifying
self training and support need.
6. Undertake such other duties as may be agreed from time to time
with the Oasis Project Manager.
Conditions of Appointment
* The successful candidate will be on contract to Comhairle,
initially for a three-month probationary period, thereafter for
a period of twelve months.
* The successful candidate will work with the Project Team
currently based in Comhairle’s offices at Hume House,
Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
* Salary will be in the range €25,000 - €35,000
1. The web developer will be required to become fully familiar with
the Oasis architecture with a view to supporting and further
2. The post calls for a variety of information technology and
personal skills and experience, including :
* Experience of UNIX system administration (to include experience
of administering multiple servers, shell scripting, data backup,
software upgrading – Free BSD)
* Strong knowledge of XML, XSLT
* Knowledge & experience of Web Technologies, HTML, CSS, Apache
webserver, IP firewalls, scripting languages such as Php.
* Knowledge & experience of administering databases PostgreSQL or
MS SQL Server 2000
* Knowledge & some experience of Object Oriented Programming i.e.
Python and Java
* Knowledge of Open Standards Technologies
* Awareness and knowledge of accessibility/usability issues
* Some knowledge of Microsoft development technologies i.e. ASP
,Com+ - would be useful.
* Experience with Content Management Tools and Workflow would be
* Third Level qualification in IT, Computer Science or equivalent.
* Strong communication skills
* Proactive with clear ability to work on own initiative and as
part of a team.
More information about the ILUG