[ILUG] Job opening - Mobile Internet Services Senior Developer
paschalnee at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 09:04:25 GMT 2006
We've an opening for a developer as described below.
The deployment environment is Linux so skills in this area would be helpful.
Mobile Internet Services Senior Developer
Develop innovative mobile services software for our major clients in the
Dublin North based
Mobile Travel Technologies Limited (MTT) is a software development company
focused on the travel industry. MTT's products enable travel suppliers
worldwide to distribute their services to travellers via mobile phones and
MTT is currently seeking Mobile Internet Services Developers to expand the
current platform and to implement customised solutions for its clients.
MTT provides an opportunity to work on the leading edge of the nascent
Mobile Internet Services sector in a young, vibrant and ambitious company.
The position would be ideal for candidates who are now looking to take on
These job openings are based in our modern HQ offices in Dublin. MTT has
recently opened a sales office in London.
MTT's management team has extensive experience and a highly successful track
record in the travel software sector.
- Development of the next generation of Mobile Internet solutions
- Working closely with clients, suppliers, partners and co-workers to
specify optimal solutions
- Application of modern and automated testing techniques to system,
load and performance test tasks
- Working with graphic designers to implement mobile interfaces that
scale and extend elegantly
- Formulating innovative technical solutions to business problems
- Proposing enhancements to the existing platform.
The position will require some or all of the following technical skills:
- Core technologies:
- Java - Tomcat, Struts and other associated Java technologies
- SQL relational database experience - MySQL an advantage.
Database administration also an advantage.
- Automated testing technologies
- Development environment: Source code management tools,
continuous integration and standard IDE
- Unix flavour deployment environment - Linux ideally.
- Experience of mobile mark-up languages (WAP 1.0/2.0 (WML/XHTML),
- Good understanding of usability principles, particularly as applied
to mobile devices
- Internet technology experience
- Experience with Agile development processes - continuous
integration, test first development, etc.
- OO Design methodologies including design patterns
- Application internationalisation
- Experience of Symbian or J2ME application development useful
- Experience in the travel distribution industry useful.
Potential candidates must:
- Be able to work in a very fast-moving environment - multiple
- Be a fast learner
- Have high standards, good attention to detail and a methodological
- Have an ability to work under one's own initiative and as part of a
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
Good BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
required. You must have the right to work in the EU.
Highly competitive salaries, commensurate with experience.
Send your CV for the attention of Paschal Nee, Director to
recruitment-lug at m2bed.com with the subject line: Mobile Internet Services
Senior Developer. Please include an expected salary range.
No agencies please.
More information about the ILUG