[ILUG] LaTeX training
blf at blf.utvinternet.ie
Wed Nov 29 19:43:31 GMT 2006
| Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:33:26 +0000
| From: Cian Davis <davisc at skynet.ie>
|[ ... ]
| I [ ... ] suggested LaTeX. Of course the question was, do you
| know anyone who could teach that?
| So starting out, it would be the basics and then working forward with a
| particular emphasis on using it to write a thesis. Remember that will
| there will be IT research students, there will be Humanities and the
| likes as well - so they would need to be able to teach to both :-)
| Anyone any ideas?
there's an enormous (La)TeX community wordwide.
what I don't know is who/where/size in Ireland.
• UKTuG (UK TeX User's Group), including the FAQ (below).
• CTAN (Comprehensive TeX Archive Network).
• TUG (TeX User's Group (worldwide)).
• the various LaTeX Usenet groups / e-lists (see the FAQ).
I suggest starting with the (La)TeX FAQ, maintained by UKTuG:
and in particular, the “Documentation and Help” section.
at the least, that will provide lots of pointers.
and a long shot: IIRC, last year UKTuG donated some money
to the LMS (London Mathematical Society) to promote the use
of (La)TeX, so maybe the LMS can advise? (the LMS is not
restricted to London.)
Experienced (20+ yrs) kernel/software Eng: | Brian Foster Montpellier,
• Unix, embedded, &tc; • Linux; • doc; | blf at utvinternet.ie FRANCE
• IDL, automated testing, process, &tc. | Stop E$$o (ExxonMobile)!
Résumé (CV) http://www.blf.utvinternet.ie | http://www.stopesso.com
More information about the ILUG