[ILUG] Canvassing and politicians
lists at adeptassociates.net
Tue Nov 23 12:31:15 GMT 2010
I'll be requiring all politicians to sign their names to my own list of
'non-negotiables' (to use their jargon) which include the following:
* a reduction of 50% to all politicians salaries,
* an absolute ceiling of 200,000 Euros per annuum for all civil
servants and bank officials in the upper tier of management
* an immediate stop to the payment of ministerial pensions to
politicians who are still working and under 65
* Removal of all ministerial cars - the ministers can use their own
transport and pay for their own petrol like the rest of us
* Rollout of proper reasonably priced high speed broadband
infrastructure throughout the country
And that's just for starters.
If they refuse to sign, then I'll be telling them to go fsck themselves.
Kevin Lyda wrote:
> With a General Election coming and politicians/canvassers likely
> gleeful to hear something other than "the economy sucks" and "fuck the
> banks" perhaps we should consider what free software issues to raise.
> Software patents, better science education and more adult retraining
> programs would spring to mind. Anyone else?
More information about the ILUG