[ILUG] [JOB] Network Systems Administrator - REPOST
dave.rearden at openjawtech.com
Fri Oct 8 12:06:47 IST 2010
hi, sorry for the re-post.
we are still looking, and have adjusted the job spec slightly. interviewing
at the moment.
*Network System Administrator*
OpenJaw Technologies has a position open for a Network System Administrator
for Hosted Solutions based in our Dublin office.
*Duties and responsibilities: *
- Linux system administration including configuration, troubleshooting,
- TCP/IP based network administration including network configuration,
firewalling and troubleshooting. Ability to identify performance and
- Put in place automated daily platform monitoring, inclusive of all
hardware, networking and application resources; verifying the integrity and
availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes,
reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled
jobs such as backups.
- Installation, configuration, daily administration and maintenance of
OpenJaw built hosted applications. Training will be provided.
- Strong understanding of running high-traffic web services including
requirements analysis, service configuration, monitoring and
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible
- Apply OS patches and upgrades, and upgrade admin tools and utilities.
- Run periodic performance reports to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning and resource optimization as
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Responsible for taking part in 2nd level out-of-hours infrequent issue
*Skills and experience:*
- Experience with Linux systems administration.
- Network administration and configuration experience.
- Exposure to/knowledge of site-to-site VPN solutions (OpenSwan
implementation of IPSec) desirable.
- Knowledge of Apache based load balancers desirable.
- Experience with Apache TomCat configuration and maintenance desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Exposure to disaster recovery/backup procedures.
- Firewalls (iptables) experience desirable.
- Internet security and virus protection.
- DBA (MySQL) experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of bash scripting language desirable.
Salary commensurate with experience.
OpenJaw Technologies is an equal opportunities employer.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter
and your CV to hr @ openjawtech.com <hr at openjawtech.com>.
No agency calls please.
More information about the ILUG