[ILUG] [JOB] Kinsale: Sys Admin
mcrandal at maths.tcd.ie
Mon Apr 11 10:13:53 IST 2011
I've been asked by our sister company to post this job offer here. Any inquiries or CVs should be sent to: norma.mulligan at avego.com.
The online version of the Job Spec can be found here: http://www.avego.com/st/careers.php
At Avego, we develop world-leading real-time information and management systems that save commuters time and money and help to save the planet, one passenger at a time. Developed here in Ireland, our breakthrough technology is being used by customers in more than 65 countries worldwide. We are now recruiting for a Network Operations Systems Administrator to join our expanding and dynamic team in the idyllic surroundings of Kinsale.
If you delight in providing no-nonsense solutions to support customers, if you enjoy an iterative and rapidly evolving environment, if you have great interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced start-up environment, if you have a desire for perfection balanced with the raw passion for achieving something really really cool, daily, then we must talk.
System Administrator role and responsibility:
- Responsibility for delivering 99.7% production system availability through innovative procedures and systems that will cope with increasing targets as system use expands and customers require higher availability.
- Monitor servers and services troubleshooting problems with systems operations
- Manage network changes to minimise disruption and monitor critical network components
- Testing new server hardware
- Monitor system security
- Perform new software rollouts and upgrades
- Responsibility for delivering and maintaining backup/restore commitments through innovative procedures and systems
- Innovate to enhance service delivery and systems within the Network Operations Centre and aggressively pursue solutions to enhance operational efficiency including:
- Virtualisation of servers to increase service flexibility and reduce cost
- Automation of critical tasks to deliver consistent and fast execution
Responsibility for delivering and maintaining system documentation and procedures to ensure the smooth operation of Avego systems
Skills and Experience needed:
- Self-starter, makes decisions independently, and escalates appropriately.
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative.
- Strong analysis and design skills.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with Mac OS and Linux/Unix environments and systems administration.
- Familiar with Windows systems and administration.
- Broad based understanding of enterprise software and solutions within the data centre environment.
- Flexible with a proven track record in service delivery.
- Competent in prioritising and delivering several concurrent initiatives.
- Honours degree-level qualification in technical discipline.
More information about the ILUG