[ILUG] [JOB] Senior Software and Security Engineer (Southern France)
blf at utvinternet.ie
Tue Mar 8 20:03:30 GMT 2011
The company I work for (Maxim Integrated Solutions) is looking to
replace a Senior MTS who is leaving. This is a HW-SW co-design
role, with an emphasis on security in the financial terminals
market (i.e., ATMs, PoS (Point-of-Sales (Chip&Pin)) terminals,
and the like). The secure SoC's in question all run GNU/Linux,
with some (usually dual- or BSD-licensed) extensions/modifications
designed for the security requirements of financial terminals.
And it's in Southern France. The design centre is located in the
hills overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
The following is based on the announcement which should appear on
the website fairly soon. If you have any questions, please feel
free to e-mail me (off-list), and then be patient, I'll probably
be a bit slow in replying (Sorry!). I am not the hiring manager,
but you will be working very closely with me. You do NOT have to
be fluent in French, but of course that helps; and a reasonable
standard of English is expected.
Job Title: Senior Member of Technical Staff, Software.
Location: La Ciotat, France.
Job Type: Full Time.
Job Level: Experienced 5+ years (Non-Manager).
Education: Master’s Degree.
Categories: Engineering, Software, Microcontrollers, Semiconductor.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
As a senior software and security engineer, you will:
● Develop embedded software such as operating systems,
drivers and applications.
● Implement cryptographic algorithms with counter measures.
● Define innovative security architecture and solutions fitting
with customer requirements.
● Participate in microcontroller hardware architecture definition.
● Participate in product security evaluation.
● Lead software development projects involving remote teams.
Within the MicroController Business Unit, you will be part of
a multicultural and cross functional team. You will work in
collaboration with the IC design and application teams.
Maxim has a leading-edge secure microcontrollers offer.
Our products are present in all fields of digital security and
our strong expertise is widely recognized in the electronic
● Master’s Degree.
● 7+ years of experience in embedded software and/or digital security.
MANDATORY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
● Crypto algorithms software implementation including HW & SW
● Knowledge of 32-bits microcontroller architecture.
● Embedded software development, C language, 32-bit assembly language.
● Software security architecture definition.
● Secure software implementation.
● Knowledge of at least one large operating system for embedded devices.
● GNU based toolchains integration.
● Project management.
● Knowledge of security attacks scenarios.
● Electronic payment devices (POS, ATM, EPP) software and security,
● EMV standard knowledge.
● Linux kernel knowledge.
● Common criteria knowledge.
● IT and network security.
● ARM processor architecture (ARM9 / Cortex).
● Java, C++, SystemC awareness.
“How many surrealists does it take to | Brian Foster
change a lightbulb? Three. One calms | somewhere in south of France
the warthog, and two fill the bathtub | Stop E$$o (ExxonMobil)!
with brightly-coloured machine tools.” | http://www.stopesso.com
More information about the ILUG